Monday, August 2, 2010

Smith's AWESOME Coupon Sale!!

Smith's had a "3-day coupon event" where all coupons for less than $1 automatically go through as $1.00!!!  They had a GREAT P&G promotion as well, and I even got several things free!
Total Spent:  $185.42
Bought:  110 Items 
This means the average cost was $1.69 per item--the only item that would not be around that price or more normally (except maybe at a gas station) would be the cans of tuna-fish.  All of the other items would generally be more than that and many of the items would be TONS more than that--I LOVE IT!!
Total Saved:  $205.56 
($85.52 in coupons--coupons really can pay off--they almost doubled the savings from the store's sale!)

The Details:
5 16-double roll packages of Charmin toilet paper ($4.99)
4 boxes Tide-146 oz. powder ($8.99)
2 cases Pampers wet-wipes ($7.49)
6 packages Pampers diapers ($5.99)
2 packages duracell batteries-20 count AAA & 4 count 9V ($7.99)
4 Scrubbing Bubbles Fantastic Spray ($2.09)
8 cans Dole pineapple ($.29)
3 cans Dole pineapple juice ($1.19)
4 boxes Honey Bunches cereal ($1.25)
4 Crest toothpaste (FREE)
15 cans Bumblebee tunafish ($.29)
2 Ivory Soap body washes (FREE)
2 3-packs Ivory bar soap (FREE)
2 Softsoap handsoap ($.50)
7 Dawn dish detergents ($.50)
2 32-count Cascade Packs ($3.99)
4 Deodorants (FREE)
7 Herbal Essences Shampoo/Conditioner ($.99)
4 Satin Care shave gels ($.89)
10 Yoplait Greek Yogurts ($.19)
5 Weber Grill Seasoning packets (FREE)
4 Gallons milk ($1.79)
2 dozen eggs ($.79)
2 loaves bread ($1.25)

I was really pleased as I put things away and had to really make room to fit it all in cupboards and food storage!  I have been working on trying to get stocked up on things well--aiming for that 1-year supply and trying to get ready for the baby. As I put things away, I realized that I have 1-year supply of soap, toothpaste, dish-soap, toothbrushes, floss, shampoo/conditioner--pretty much the bathroom needs.  I don't have a full year of toilet paper--I am not sure how much we actually use each month--but we have quite a bit--probably at least 4 months worth.  We also have at least 6 months worth of laundry detergent and 1 year of other laundry and cleaning supplies (bleach, fabric softener, stain removals, fabric sheets, pine-sol, toilet bowl cleaners, etc.)!  The best part about it all is that I haven't had to spend anything extra to get all of it!!  In-fact I spend half of what I used to on my groceries and household supplies--yet I get so much more!  That is why I LOVE grocerysmarts!!  Thank you grocerysmarts!

1 comment:

  1. Good job! You've stocked up a lot more than I have. But I'm working on it. At this sale I got $80 worth and spent $23. I was pretty happy about it.

    ReplyDelete